The Santa Clara County Master Gardener Program is a volunteer organization sponsored by the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research-based gardening information to county residents and agencies. This is accomplished by knowledgeable volunteers who have completed a 16-week, 60+ hour training program in home horticulture. Training is offered every other year.
Master Gardeners are a primary resource for dissemination of gardening information from the University of California to the Santa Clara County community. Learn more on the statewide Master Gardener website.
We're actively involved in the community, providing services including:
- Hotlines, accessible by telephone, email or drop-in.
- Monthly Tips and Events email providing timely gardening best practices and a list of upcoming classes and library talks presented by Master Gardeners and events where Master Gardeners will have a presence like a booth or table. Anyone can sign up!
- Read the latest Master Gardener column originally published in the San Jose Mercury News.
- Speakers bureau to extend our involvement in the community with talks at community centers and libraries.
- Adult Education classes that teach sustainable gardening techniques for home landscapes and orchards, including in-depth classes on vegetable gardening.
- Provide advice and teaching aids for creating, using, maintaining School Gardens.
- KKUP's (91.5 FM) Old Time Farm and Garden Show features an all master gardener support crew with co-hosts Jim Maley and Sharon McCray. The program emphasizes urban farming with guests from the Valley of Heart's Delight and the Monterey Bay area. Tune in each month's fourth Thursday from 10:00am to noon. Our call-in numbers are 408 -260-2999 and 831-255-2999. Questions and comments can be sent to email@example.com and find us on Facebook.
- Our annual Spring Garden Market and Fall Garden Market offer seedlings for sale as well as provide talks, horticultural information and one-on-one interaction with Master Gardeners.
We hope you find our services useful and we look forward to helping you with your gardening challenges! You can Make A Gift to our program through our non-profit Friends of Master Gardeners of Santa Clara County, a 501(C)3 organization. Donations are fully tax deductible.