The UC Master Gardeners of Santa Clara County are a volunteer organization sponsored by the University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE). Our mission is to extend research based knowledge and information on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and be guided by our core values and strategic initiatives.
This is accomplished by knowledgeable volunteers who have completed a 16-week, 60+ hour training program in home horticulture and remain certified on a yearly basis.
UC Master Gardeners are a primary resource for the dissemination of gardening information from the University of California to the Santa Clara County community. Learn more on the statewide Master Gardener website.
We're actively involved in the community, providing services including:
- Hotlines, accessible by telephone, email or drop-in.
- Monthly Tips and Events email providing timely gardening best practices and a list of upcoming classes and library talks presented by UC Master Gardeners and events where UC Master Gardeners will have a presence like a booth or table. Anyone can sign up!
- Read the latest Master Gardener column originally published in the San Jose Mercury News.
- Speakers bureau to extend our involvement in the community with talks at community centers and libraries.
- Adult Education classes that teach sustainable gardening techniques for home landscapes and orchards, including in-depth classes on vegetable gardening.
- School garden support: UC Master Gardeners can offer advice on gardening basics, training for adult volunteers, one time children's classes, or a school assembly presentation. Please complete and submit our School Garden Advice Reqest form. We will respond in a timely manner once your e-mail address is confirmed.
- KKUP's (91.5 FM) Old Time Farm and Garden Show features an all master gardener support crew with co-hosts Jim Maley and Sharon McCray. The program emphasizes urban farming with guests from the Valley of Heart's Delight and the Monterey Bay area. Tune in each month's fourth Thursday from 10:00am to noon. Our call-in numbers are 408 -260-2999 and 831-255-2999. Questions and comments can be sent to email@example.com and find us on Facebook.
- Our annual Spring Garden Market and Fall Garden Market offer seedlings for sale as well as provide talks, horticultural information and one-on-one interaction with UC Master Gardeners.
We hope you find our services useful and we look forward to helping you with your gardening challenges! You can Make A Gift to our program through our non-profit Friends of Master Gardeners of Santa Clara County, a 501(C)3 organization. Donations are fully tax deductible.