- NEW! We're offering our 6-week in-depth course on Sustainable Home Vegetable Gardening in Palo Alto. Meets Tuesdays, February 4-March 11, 7-9 p.m. Details | Flyer
- We are pleased to present a new section on the best plants to use with the least amount of care and water in our climate. Under Garden Help, click on Water Wise Plants. Photos and detailed info!
- We are pleased to offer an update to Dr. Bob Raabe's excellent list of plants that are and are not susceptible to Oak Root Fungus.
- We are pleased to announce new Warm and Cool Season Vegetable Planting Guidelines that explain when to seed and when to plant various vegetables year round. There is a PDF version for printing too.
- Cookbooks: Crazy for Citrus and Chile Head Sampler are both available now!
- Read the latest "Ask a Master Gardener" column, originally published in the San Jose Mercury News.
- There's still a quarantine due to the light brown apple moth in portions of Santa Clara County. Visit the Santa Clara County web site for more information.
- Save 10% on books ordered online with UC ANR when you use our promotion code PRCLA43. You can browse or search the catalog or go directly to the list of gardening books. A portion of online sales that use our promotion code benefits the Cooperative Extension of Santa Clara County and the Master Gardeners.
Are you interested in becoming a Master Gardener? The next application process will be in the summer of 2014. If you:
- Are a Santa Clara County resident who would enjoy sharing gardening knowledge with the public, and
- Want to learn more sustainable gardening practices,
then you might be a good fit for the program. If you think it sounds interesting, learn more about the process, then wait until January 2014 when we'll open up the sign-up list.