- Event Calendar
- Information about Water Conservation in the Home Landscape. And useful links to conserve water. Some will even pay you!
- Learn about the best plants to use with the least amount of care and water in our climate. Visit our Water Wise Plants page. Photos and detailed info!
- Dr. Bob Raabe's excellent list of plants that are and are not susceptible to Oak Root Fungus.
- Warm and Cool Season Vegetable Planting Guidelines that explain when to seed and when to plant various vegetables year round. There is a PDF version for printing too.
- Cookbooks: Crazy for Citrus and Chile Head Sampler are both available now!
- Read the latest "Ask a Master Gardener" column, originally published in the San Jose Mercury News.
- Save 10% on books ordered online with UC ANR when you use our promotion code PRCLA43. You can browse or search the catalog or go directly to the list of gardening books. A portion of online sales that use our promotion code benefits the Cooperative Extension of Santa Clara County and the Master Gardeners.
Becoming a Master Gardener
Interested in Becoming a Master Gardener in Santa Clara County?
The process starts in the summer with informational meetings, followed by a formal application process.
If you'd like to be contacted about the informational meetings, please click on this link and fill out the form. You must fill out the contact form by July 15, 2014.
You will be sent a message to the e-mail address you enter on the form to verify that your address is correct. Make sure to complete the instruction on that message.
While we accept information at any time, you won't be contacted until shortly before the next round of meetings. Thank you for your interest in the program.
Master Gardener Program
The objectives of the Master Gardeners of Santa Clara County, a volunteer organization, are to support the educational activities of the University of California Cooperative Extension and to operate for scientific and educational purposes, promoting horticultural education and service to the community and provide continuing horticulture enrichment for members.
To develop, adapt and extend research-based horticultural information and educational programs to the residents of Santa Clara County.
- Have a research-based and educational component for all Master Gardener activities.
- Increase Master Gardener outreach to and participation by our multicultural community.
- Provide horticultural enrichments to all Master Gardener volunteers.
- Focus on high priority projects to optimize Master Gardener efforts