Please note: this is the 2010 edition of the SGM Bonus page.
This page contains "extras" related to the Spring Garden Market as well as pointers to content shared at the market.
Master Gardeners in the Community
- Learn about our projects and events. We're active all over Santa Clara County!
- We also offer on-line tips for each month, and have a sign-up page if you want a monthly tips and event email.
Special Edition Newsletter
- Get all the information about the spring garden market along with helpful advice in our special edition newsletter (PDF).
- Growing Great Tomatoes (PDF) -- Review tomato care basics to ensure a bumper crop. Tips cover site selection, soil preparation, planting and supporting your plants.
- Tomato Staking Techniques -- Read a summary of tomato staking methods that we learned from a 2001 tomato project.
- Saving Tomato Seeds (PDF) -- Want to get more than one year's enjoyment from your purchases? This document describes the ins and outs of saving your own seeds.
- Video: How to Plant Tomatoes
- Growing Great Peppers (PDF)-- This article will help you get your peppers off to a great start. Tips include caring for your seedling, how and when to plant, and how to get the best harvest from your pepper plant.
- Video: How to Plant Peppers
Informational Handouts from the Market
- Basil Basics (PDF)
- Basil Care and Varieties (PDF)
- Basil Recipies (PDF)
- Beneficial Insects (PDF)
- Cool and Warm Season Vegetables (PDF)
- Eggplant Menus (PDF)
- Fruit Tree and Vine Calendar
- Garden Irrigation (PDF)
- Good Insects in the Garden (PDF)
- Master Gardeners - Who We Are (PDF)
- Mosaic Stepping Stones and Pots Vignette (PDF)
- Produzca Excelentes Chiles (PDF)
- Produzca Excelentes Tomates (PDF)
- Success with Herbs (PDF)
- Tool Tips (PDF)
- Worm bibliography
10 Minute Talks - Videos
- All About Basil
- Animal Pest Problems
- Bee Keeping
- Chiles -- A Salsa Garden
- Creating Mosaic Stepping Stones
- Drip Irrigation
- Eggplants, Melons, Beans and More Morning | Afternoon
- Growing Herbs
- Good Insects in the Garden
- Ornamentals -- A Cutting Garden
- Stevia, the "Sugar" Plant
- Tomato Varieties
- Turning Trash to Treasure
40 Minute Seminars - Videos
Plant Varieties Offered at the Market